History of the Roselle Public Library
The Roselle Library Center started in January 1940 as a Works Progress Administration Project. The public school furnished space for the first public library in Roselle in the Sauk Pioneer School. In April 1943 the Village of Roselle took over the maintenance of the Library by levying a tax to finance continued operation. In 1972 the community voted to approve the creation of the Roselle Public Library District. The Library is currently located in a 24,000 square foot building dedicated in 1982 and remodeled in 1997. It houses a collection of over 85,000 items and has an up to date telecommunication network and computer resources for the staff and community.
For Local History about the Village of Roselle, see the Digital Archive.